Kogi Central: Senator Ohere heads to Appeal Court, says 'we're confident of victory'

Senator Sadiku Abubakar Ohere representing Kogi Central Senatorial District has expressed optimism that he is confident of victory, as he heads to Appeal Court. 

Abubakar stated this in a statement he personally signed and made available to newsmen this evening. 

The statement reads, “I received the judgement of the Tribunal with great shock.” 

“Particularly worrisome is the aspect bordering on the Tribunal’s decision that as Respondent, I ought to have filed a cross-petition to be able to challenge votes in an election petition.”

“I feel strongly that, that decision is contrary to Paragraph 15 of the First Schedule to the Electoral Act, 2022. As a matter of fact, I presented before the Tribunal through my team of lawyers a decision of the Appellate Courts which held that a Respondent does not need to file a cross-petition to challenge votes in an election petition, if the ground for challenging the election is “majority of lawful votes”. 

“While I am waiting for my team of lawyers to give me full details on the judgment, I urge all my supporters to be calm and peaceful as their mandate is not lost.”

“I verily know that I have option of Appeal to the Court of Appeal which I shall exercise after due consultation with my lawyers.”

“I am confident that we shall triumph at the next floor of justice by pointing to areas where we strongly disagree with the ruling. Your mandate shall be protected.”

“I urge my supporters not to be disturbed but to believe that we will get it right.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eleven Ondo Assembly Members Plot to Declare Aiyedatiwa Acting Governor After Receiving Bribe in Abuja

Coalition of Delta Ijaw PDP Support Groups/ Ijaw Ex-Agitators Gives Notice for Peaceful Protest to Delta Government House, Asaba

Dele Momodu: Why should Yahaya Bello surrender himself to EFCC when there is an existing injunction?

Glitz as Rugipo Matriculates 3000 students

Kogi guber: Federal High Court dismisses Smart Adeyemi's case against Ododo, APC, says it lacks merit

Justice Iyasere For Udu Local Government Chairmanship: An Idea Whose Time Has Come

Kogi: Anti-Corruption CSOs warn EFCC against cankerworms of previous management

APC Leaders, Members Call Ex- Commissioner, Aiyerin, a Mole

FIRST 100 DAYS IN OFFICE:Governor Oborevwori PromisesMore Dividends of Democracy

Kogi APC Distances Self From Replacement Of National, Zonal Officers